Saturday 14 April 2012

North Ridge, Stob Ban

Decided to make the most of the nice weather and went down to Glen Nevis. I've wanted to do the North ridge of Stob Ban for ages so today was the day. After a steep start the ridge levels out and improves with height until a lovely little scrambly section, just about grade 1 but nice all the same.


  I headed up to the summit of Stob Ban and soaked up the views across to Glencoe, Ardgour and beyond.


 I finished the day along to Mullach and it's outlying peak Meall a Chaorainn before heading back down the Glen. There was still a little bit of snow around and I reckon on any of the peaks above 1100m or so an axe and crampons would be worth sticking in the rucksack. Saw an RAF Helicopter hovering around the zig-zags on a wintery looking Ben just as I got back. Hopefully they were  just out training...

No comments:

Post a Comment