Monday 11 June 2012

A Productive week...


The rain has stayed away for a while now so on Sunday Kev and I headed to Polldubh to look at some routes. On Monday, Jenny and Alison came up to do some filming for Kev. Have a look at it below!



On Tuesday, we headed to Rannoch wall on Buachaille Etive Mor to give me a shot at my first E1 lead. I chose Engineer's Crack (E1 5b) after having a look at it when up to do Fracture route a few weeks ago. Despite some initial nerves the holds were there and the gear decent when placed! I then had a go on Dingle(HVS 5a) next door which was less technical but a bit more strenuous. A quick ascent up to the summit of Stob Dearg finished a great day.





Wednesday was a slight change of events if not scenery as Glenda and I attended Dave and Sam's wedding at Lagangarbh Hut. This was a truly superb day which had to be the most unique and original wedding venue!

We awoke on Thursday to some low cloud in Glencoe but clear tops so decided on an morning scramble up Curved Ridge to make the most of the day. Again, great views from the summit!




Friday was a look at some venues for possible new routes with Kev which turned out very promising.

Saturday was back to work on Ben Nevis for a 3 peaks group who did really well and were up and down in about 5hrs 30 min. That's been the last 6 times for me up Ben Nevis that I've had a clear view! If only it would last...

No comments:

Post a Comment