Tuesday 17 July 2012

Nevis the hard way and Buried Treasure


We took Paige and Declan up the Pap of Glencoe last week as well as doing a bit of climbing in Polldubh. Thankfully the midges were tolerable for a short while and the kids managed to progress their rock climbing even further!




Ben Nevis and Sgurr A'Mhaim from the Pap 


I was working for Abacus Mountain Guides at the weekend and took Peter and Joe up the Carn Mor Dearg Arete and onto Ben Nevis. A bit of cloud on Carn Mor Dearg cleared and we were treated to stunning views for the rest of the day.
Don't see many of these guys on the Tourist Track!


The narrow part of the Arete

Looking down to the Steall Falls and the Mamores

Carn Mor Dearg

Today was a great day for me as Glenda and I headed off to Glenfinnan for me to finish off my first new rock climbing route. After a lot of gardening and a quick solo ascent last week, I lead it today with Glenda seconding. The route takes the prominent crack line in the centre of the crag, right of the harder slab routes. I've named it 'Buried Treasure', after the reported buried gold in the area from around the time of the Jacobite Rebellion. Grade wise, it feels around Severe, maybe slightly harder, but I'm open for some more opinions on that!




No comments:

Post a Comment