Sunday 26 April 2015

Spring days...

It's finally been a great start to the Spring here in Lochaber with the much awaited high pressure. During the last week or so, I've been working with 1st and 2nd year students from the Adventure Tourism Degree at West Highland College, UHI. We've been looking at coaching climbing, with the first years doing some peer coaching and the second years coaching some young people from various schools.


I've also managed a fair bit of climbing, both with some MIA teaching days and some personal climbing.


Andy and I climbed Time lord (VS 4c **) in Glen Gour and I also got the chance to climb Secretaries Super Direct (HVS 5a***) in Glen Nevis, both great routes.



Joe and Andy came with me to Polldubh as some willing guinea pigs and we climbed P1 and 2 of Pandorra and onto Phantom Slab as well as giving the chaps some coaching on their leading on Repton Right Wall.







I was also out with Prashant on a teaching day on which we climbed Pinnacle Ridge (S), Three Pines (V.Diff/S) and Flying Dutchman (S).





I've also had a few amazing days on the Ben starting with a stunning day with Ian.....








 and  then a chilly day with Victor.......




..... and another stunner with Patty and Geoff on the CMD Arete.






As I write this, there's been some fresh snow down to about 600m here today so it looks like Spring is on hold for the next few days at least. Tempting to get the ice tools back out...

No comments:

Post a Comment